3.12.2008

2008 CFDA Nominees

According to Style.com, the CFDA nominees are...


Womenswear Designer of the Year:
Francisco Costa for Calvin Klein

Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough for Proenza Schouler
Marc Jacobs

Menswear Designer of the Year:
Michael Bastian
Thom Browne
Tom Ford


Accessory Designer of the Year:
Michael Kors

Tory Birch
Marc Jacobs

Swarovski Award for Womenswear:
Kate and Laura Mulleavy for Rodarte

Thakoon Panichgul
Alexander Wang

Swarovski Award for Menswear:
Patrik Ervell
Tim Hamilton
Scott Sternberg for Band of Outsiders

2 comments:

Phillip said...

Uhhh Accessory designer of the year is a big PROBLEM. Only Marc obviously belongs there- Michael is good too...but Tory? She just blasted a logo on semi-expensive shoes and bags.

And womens designer- same old thing. Sigh.

Nicole said...

I completely agree. Womenswear is a total snoozefest. I had my fill of Proenza after they partnered with Target.

I agree with your assesment of Tory. I do not like the big ass metal detail on the shoes/bags. I can also get ripoffs that look about the same quality at Rainbow. (my ghetto store of choice)Not that I would want to. To plain for me.

Rodarte is sooo deserving. One of their pieces got put in the Smithsonian or something? Some other fashion-museum instillation?
Enlighten me if you know.

xoxo
Nicole