2.28.2008

Discount Glamour






I was browsing through my posts and it occured to me I needed to do a post on discount glamour. I have a few little tricks up my fabulous sleeves on where I shop for clothes/beauty products that are very discount glam. So, here are a few. Don't judge me you judgers, I can love Vivienne Westwood and Big Lots equally. No lie.


So first, some stores.

  1. For Love 21 - This place is THE SHIT for up to the minute trendy accessories on the cheap. YES, I know the owners are psycho evangelicals, but hey, anywhere I can get cute jewels for cheap, I'm in.
  2. Rainbow - This spot is ghetto fab. We're talking shoes for $16.99 and cute dresses and tanks in the summertime. I'm not a big fan of their winter selection. The clothes are sometimes ill-fitting, but if you have the time to try on a lot of shiz, give Rainbow a try.
  3. Ragstock - I am in love with the Uptown MLPS Ragstock. It's by far the best one. They carry a trendy yet avant garde selection of cheap new clothes, and a TON TON TON of what they call "recycled clothing", so basically thrift store shit. But they handpick their thrift selection and I have to say that this store has one of the best thrift selections in town. FUCK YOU EVERYDAY PEOPLE.
  4. Gabriel Brothers - This is probably one of the best stores ever. I have visited them in Pittsburgh, and they are amazing. Slightly ghetto, but they have Betseyville, Academiks, pretty cute shoes and boots, and good accessories. I got a leopard hoodie there that I wore and washed so much, it's practically worn out.
  5. And the usual spots, Marshalls, the TJ's in SLP

Beauty Products are pretty easy to find on the cheap. I happen to prefer to shop at ULTA when I'm looking for drugstore brands, because they carry an expanded selection, plus their own stuff which is amazing. Other brands I use are L'Oreal HIP, Max Factor, and I love Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara. I also exclusively use Neutrogena facial products. I think they work so well, and it really washes off the stank with amazing results.

There. I feel better. I just wanted to show that I am tots an equal opportunity shopper. I love my expensive shit, but I also know a bargain when I see one.

xoxo

Nicole

No comments: